Arlo Pro sensitivity?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
johnbaker2017
Tutor
Tutor
Am I able to set the cameras to record every second instead of setting the cameras to record only when triggered? And, how much space/gigabytes will it use if the cameras was to record up to 24 hours cycle?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since we're in the Pro section, I'll assume those cameras. You can adjust the recording time from 10-120 seconds. There may be a future enhancement to record while motion continues up to 5 minutes but it's been pulled for now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Nope. These are motion-activated cameras.

Even of the cameras could record 24 hours, the files would be huge and unmanageable. I used live recording on my Q camera (currently the only one that allows for this due to being powered) for an hour one time as a test. I don't recall if I used 720p or 1080p - probably the former. The file was well over a gigabyte when downloaded. I suspect Netgear would have something to say about that sort of usage.
johnbaker2017
Tutor
Tutor
Okay. Good info.

Tell me about the timeline during a recording. Once the camera triggers, how long is the recording records? Does it continue recording until object stops moving? Or does it record like those DriveCam where once it triggers, it would record 8 seconds before the triggered time, then records 4 seconds after the trigger. Total of 12 seconds recording. Hope this make sense. Let me know.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Since we're in the Pro section, I'll assume those cameras. You can adjust the recording time from 10-120 seconds. There may be a future enhancement to record while motion continues up to 5 minutes but it's been pulled for now.