Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FrankPF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Installed about 2.5 years ago and worked fine until a few weeks ago. All videos are captured on USB, but often, many recordings are not found online. Internet connection is good. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Glad to hear your recordings ended up coming back on the cloud! You could try rebooting your router to see if that helps or you can try checking with cellular data next time on your iPhone to see if the recordings appear to see if it's a WiFi issue or not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi FrankPF,

Have you tried checking on the web client on your computer to see if you can see recordings? Also make sure that you don't have any filters on from the library to ensure you're seeing the recordings.

FrankPF
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. I don't think the filters are the problem. Also the recording library from my desktop computer matches what I see from an iPhone.

I took a closer look, comparing the recordings on the local USB with the library on the web and found that many of the missing recordings were eventually uploaded into the cloud. This morning I monitored more closely and the early morning activity (getting the newspaper) was not in the library 30 minutes later, but was when checked 75 minutes later. 

Last weekend, when I first posted the issue, I was missing recordings from earlier that day, but most appeared the next day. It appears that most if not all are appearing within 24 hours. Earlier this week, my car leaving the garage was not posted for about 4 hours, but did show up eventually.

Until a few weeks ago, recordings were uploaded and available almost immediately.

It may or not be related, but I got a message the other day that the USB drive was not removed properly while the house was unoccupied and the router was undisturbed. I checked the device status and it said the USB was "ready". Videos were undisturbed on the USB. I got the same message earlier this morning, but the status is still "ready".

Does the router need a reboot or something? Can something else be done to get the recordings available more promptly.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Glad to hear your recordings ended up coming back on the cloud! You could try rebooting your router to see if that helps or you can try checking with cellular data next time on your iPhone to see if the recordings appear to see if it's a WiFi issue or not.