Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro battery life poor with only lasting 18 days. Any suggestions?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stshimmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, i have an arlos pro, 3 camera system, model number VMS4330. The battery life over the past 2 months is very poor, 18 days tops from a full charge. System is 11 months old. Any suggestions from anyone please
Thanks
Steve

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stshimmin wrote:
i have an arlos pro, 3 camera system, model number VMS4330. The battery life over the past 2 months is very poor, 18 days tops from a full charge. System is 11 months old.
  1. About how many minutes of recordings do the cameras make per day?
  2. Does this effect all three cameras?
  3. Do you see any evidence of lost connections (cameras off line, or lots of recordings with issues)?
  4. Do you use activity zones
Stshimmin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo pro vms4330
Hi each camera is recording approx one and a half minutes per day
It is affecting all three cameras
Cameras are dropping offline regularly, strangely enough the one that is closest to the base station is the main culprit.
Not sure what an activity zone is, just have them set up in area i wish to cover
Also last night i disarmed the system and still saw a significant battery drain
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stshimmin wrote:

Cameras are dropping offline regularly, strangely enough the one that is closest to the base station is the main culprit.

That does explain the battery issue, as recovering from lots of connection drops uses a lot of power.

Since the closest camera seems to have the worst connection, it's possible that wifi interference is the issue.

Try moving the base station as far as you can from your router.  Also, if the base is behind or near a TV, try moving it some (I've seen some other posts from folks who've had trouble with bases in placed there).

If that doesn't help, then you should try support before the base station warranty runs out: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx