Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SoonerStacey
Follower
Follower

I'm getting notifications that I have recordings, but my library has nothing. The recordings from the past 10 days are also missing from my library. 

It was all working fine an hour ago. 

63 REPLIES 63
weebs
Guide
Guide

anybody with LOCAL recording?  are the local recordings OK and its just the cloud thats down?  TIA

greekspiro
Guide
Guide
This is very very bad. Wow. I need to check my local stoarge. This needs to be fixed before night!!
trebor711
Luminary
Luminary
Just checked the desktop version. My library only shows recordings from May 1st. Nothing else. Very strange.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue all recoding all library past 7 days completely no video I get notifications there. No incoming video
Freddy112178
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same issue. But if you go to your library and the filter tab uncheck manual and the recordings from today will appear. But you have to do it each time if you log out.
Frankier
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issues here, anyupdate.
burt123
Aspirant
Aspirant

The obviously rolled out an update that wasn't fully tested ... this thing is going back to Costco tomorrow! Seriously, this is ridiculous!

BatDad
Tutor
Tutor
In the same boat! Getting alerts and live view works but unable to view clips. Called support and was given 25 minute wait / longer than expected wait times... no thanks. Tried a chat but it ended immediately due to lack of representatives. Submitted a case via support email link... seems when we need them most they aren't able to support us. Has anyone found a system status page similar to Samsung SmartThings? It let's you subscribe to issues and see current state.
ssergantt
Aspirant
Aspirant

same here

Xtek
Initiate
Initiate

If you look closely on the Web UI it's defaulting to May 1st.  It's showing me recoridngs form May 1st even though it's the 30th.  Likely a bug on their side.

What's interesitng about this is it's showing me recordings from a week ago even though I only have the basic subscription, which leads me to believe they are holdong onto recordings much longer.

Will continue to investigate, this may be a privacy concern.

Boyblue
Tutor
Tutor

Further tomy earlier post.

No history in library after May 1 2017. Tried mobile and web app and same issue. Live recording still works. Have no idea if data is still being captured and the issue is with the library presenting the data or the data not being captured at all.

I just remembered I had a similar (sort of ) situation with my Piper security system as did several other vendor systems a few months ago. Turns out there was some maintenance being done on an Amazon cloud server (s) and a command did not actually do what it was supposed to and numerous services were down for several hours after I believe they had a cascading shutdown of servers.

I am wondering since this may well be a system wide issue that maybe it's something similar- cloud based. 

It would be only proper for Arlo support to let us know something, even a "we are aware of the issue and working on it statement."

I am sure they monitor the forums. I'm an I.T. guy, 30 + years and things happen but let the client know.

Hopefully they will sort it out before long but making a statement is the right thing to do.

Andrew

RichR
Star
Star

Same issue for me. No recordings all the way to May 1st, which is strange because I have the free option and it's limited to 1 week. Someone needs to work overtime today at Netgear.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm telling you it's North Korea

BatDad
Tutor
Tutor
Totally need a status page like this!
http://status.smartthings.com

Would save their service reps from the spikes I'm sure they are getting slammed with at the moment and allow us to stay informed. Thanks for the community shares!
holycow91745
Tutor
Tutor

just found out from another user from my own feed that Netgear is slammed with phoe calls about the same problem.  They told him to check back in 2 hours.  Netgear cloud prob got hacked or server melt down.   They forget to pay thier bills??

Sir713
Initiate
Initiate
I guess this happened to ALL Arlo users. I hope we can recoup our videos, this is just ridiculous.
weebs
Guide
Guide

here is the Chat response from 'Daisy' [got to love the name, clearly outsourced] :

With regard to this case, we are currently experiencing same reports from our valued customers.
We already reported this case to the appropriate department.
We apologize for this inconvenience.
Rest assured that this case will be taken care of.
We will update you on this case as soon as we get the resolution from the engineering department.
We would be sending you an email once it would be fixed.

Scooter20
Aspirant
Aspirant
All recordings gone. In past 2 weeks I have been forced to uninstall twice, turn cameras on and off multiple times, etc. This is getting really old
Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
My recordings gone but are all on the USB drive
Johnny1005
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same problem here! Where is my stuff?
ssnfl
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have same problem.  System is not loading recordings into the library.  On the pc the only date available is from May 1, 2017.  No other dates available.  On the mobile units there are no recordings.  This is frustrating.  We still get notificatios with the recording but they are not being stored in the library

weebs
Guide
Guide

Dtnr8b wrote:
My recordings gone but are all on the USB drive

whew!  thats good.  I cannot check my USB now, but good to know that local is OK.  Thanks Dtnr8b

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

20 Minute wait on phone, finally spoke to someone that was reading from a PR Note, he was trying to get me to trouble shoot a bunch of bullsh#t steps, re-booting system, blah, blah, blah, buying time. I quickly shut that down, by saying their TECHNICAL ISSUE has gone VIRAL.

I was told they can't tell when it went down NOR, KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE BACK UP.

If anyone gets robbed in the mean time, call your attorney, this is unexceptableas they advertise being a home security system, where is the security.

They have been down all day, going on 24 hours. this is NOT a Hiccup, this is pure stupitiy to not have a back-up server to switch to.

I was told that there cloud is down, to me that means hacked and that their engineering department has been working on it all day. A backup server at a different site to switch to could have helped that.

This system is too expensive to have an issue like this, a CCTV at least has a backup recorder with the cloud and push notification to view for 1/3 the price.

I Guess EBAY may be seeing an increase in Arlo sales.

weebs
Guide
Guide

Back online?

trebor711
Luminary
Luminary
BACK ON LINE. LIBRARY IS BACK!!