Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo Pro rechargeable batteries draining after just a couple of days.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MaraG
Follower
Follower
My four Arlo cameras worked perfectly and the rechargeable batteries lasted for about four months, as advertised. They needed to be recharged after the first four months and then again, they all lasted 3-4 months (maybe a little shorter because it is cold up here in the winter in Anchorage, Alaska). Then, two weeks ago, out of nowhere, all of them went dead at about the same time. I recharged all four and they all died again in three days. Re-charged them again, and again, they lasted just three days. None of the cameras have moved, the base station has not moved... the only difference as far as I can tell is that I see that there was some sort of firmware update because my app "about" section says I have version 2.7.5 which was released on March 16th - right around the time my cameras died and became pretty much useless. I am going to go ahead and guess other people are having this problem - it cannot be just me. I am hoping to find some answers here, as I am extremely disappointed in the customer service options with Arlo. I just want to call and ask what's up, but if I want to engage in a good old fashioned phone call, I will have to pay? Crazy.
2 REPLIES 2
EDKLN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue.
I recharged my batteries 48hours ago and all of them dropped from 100 pct to 50 pct in 24 hours.
Whats going on?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app is version 2.7.5, not the firmware. The last Pro base firmware update was back in early January and the camera was last updated in mid-October. The app won't affect battery usage but camera and base updates could.

First, exactly what have you tried - all steps? I would start with rebooting the base and reinserting the batteries. Has a new wireless device of any sort been added to the household that may reside near the base? If you use a WiFi analyzer app on your phone and check the signal levels at your base and cameras, does anything pop out that indicates a strong signal maybe interfering with the connection to the base? Your router and base should be roughly the same if the base is near the router.

No, you don't have to pay for support - it's always been free, even after the warranty period.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx