Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jcr918
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm about to buy Arlo I think. I'm just trying to decide what Arlo Pro to get. The first gen Arlo pro is on sale 4 cameras for $600 or 4 Arlo pro 2 for $800.  From what I can see there's really not much of a drastic difference even though Arlo Pro 2 is 1080p I'm seeing that the Night vision is not as good and the resoultion is really hard to notice the difference.

What should I do? Get the first gen Arlo Pro 4 camera set for $599 ? Or get the Arlo pro 4 camera set for $799. I could always get the first gen 4 camera then add a Arlo pro 2 later and it would cost the same at the $799 kit pretty much.

Could someone help me decide on my purchase. I plan to get the Solar Panle  for the ones up high

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are they all going to be outside? The major benefits of the Pro 2 seem to be when the cameras are powered indoors. The Pro 2 day time resolution is noticeably sharper but still not where most people expect when you say 1080.
I haven't noticed any difference in low light quality. 
Getting the Pro kit and a Pro 2 add on camera sounds like a pretty good way to get 5 cameras as well offering flexibility in case you do decide you want a camera inside somewhere

Jcr918
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using these outside I already have indoor cameras.