Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - one camera will not sync.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ploughguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have an Arlo Pro outfit with four cameras.

Three of them behave perfectly, the fourth is misbehaving.

It did synch initially, then the app said it was not online.  I told the app to forget it and tried to synch again and the results have been spectacularly variable.

I have removed the battery from the camera and installed it many times.  The results vary - sometimes there is no blue light at all, sometimes, just one longish blink, and sometimes a long blink followed by about 10 sec of fast flashes.

I have tried to sync each time - sometimes the camera does nothing, sometimes it starts the slow flash that indicates it is synching, and it never stops.  It has been blinking now for about 30 minutes.  The base station has given up and all its lamps are green.

I am thinking it is a dud, right?  Maybe its radio is cactus.

Thoughts?

And if I have to return it, do I have to pack up the whole kit and take it back?  I absolutely dread returning products.  I expect the worst...

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Russ

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to setting and if camera is listed, use REMOVE DEVICE

Reboot the base via the power button, let it come back online.

Pull the battery and get out the cable with adapter

Plug in the camera ( no battery ) and then try to sync again

This time make sure its a QUICK push on the base sync button ( don't hold ) attempt sync as normal

If it works, then the battery has an issue, if not then maybe the camera is bad....

As to returning all, that's up to the place you bought it from and you would have to ask them about their return policy...

OR contact Netgear for possible warranty via Netgear Support.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------