Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sti101
Tutor
Tutor

Hi. So I recently added a few Arlo Pro cameras to my existing Arlo cams. And I am now using the Arlo Pro base station. Anyway I set them up like I did the very first time and without any problem with the set up. However now I get a very inconsistent notification in both my phone and my wife’s. I would find out that there were recordings when I randomly check the library. Otherwise I wouldn’t have known if there was a recording. I’ve also checked if both of our phones were on silent or not. Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

I would check your rules settings in the Arlo app to make sure push is still set up for each new camera.

You may want to do it through the web portal instead of the app. Be sure to save any changes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reinstall of the app may or may not help, too.

Sti101
Tutor
Tutor

Resolved.

Thank you all for the chiming in. What I realized was that I had the smart notification on for animals, humans, and packaging, and not "others". So I realized that most of those videos recorded were under the category "others", thus it wasn't notifying me. So now I just need to decide whether I want to keep it that way or not, most likely I will turn it on this way I will know that it's recording and I can stop it before it waste the batteries.

Thanks again.