Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Failure to sync Arlo Pro Camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AmirK
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I have brand new ARLO system, including WMB4000r3 base station with firmware version:1.12.0.1_27940

I have 2 Arlo Pro cameras whom I fail to sync with the base station.

I tried syncing them with the application (which recognized the base system, but no success with the Pro camera).

I tried to sync them without the application. Failure again.

I tried to put the Arlo Base away from my Wifi router: that was another failure (bot application and manual sync failed).

I had many sync attempts, which all failed. 

I would be gratefull for an advice.

If that matters: my app is of version 2.7.0_23403 and it runs on Samsung S8 (android).

Best regards,

Amir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AmirK
Tutor
Tutor

I tried to cancel the router's Wifi (via its configuration): Failure.

I tried to bypass the router (by connecting the Arlo base station directly to theethernet wall socket that the router used): Failure again.

I will be gratefull for any idea.

Thanks,

Amir

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try turning your wifi off while syncing the camera or at least power cycling the router and then the base station and trying again

AmirK
Tutor
Tutor

I tried to cancel the router's Wifi (via its configuration): Failure.

I tried to bypass the router (by connecting the Arlo base station directly to theethernet wall socket that the router used): Failure again.

I will be gratefull for any idea.

Thanks,

Amir

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Plugging the Arlo base station directly into the wall was never going to work.

Next thing to try would be to take the base station and cameras to a friend or family member's house and try there

AmirK
Tutor
Tutor

It works!

What I did is to connect the Arlo base into the ISP modem directly. The original place was 3 hops away (Modem - CISCO SWITCH - TPLink Router - Arlo Base), and I managed to sync both cameras. Then, I moved the base back to its original location, and the system works!

Thanks for your assistance. It is realy appreciated.

Amir