Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not recording most motion events. Tried resetting and removing and resyncing camera

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Nawara2894
Aspirant
Aspirant

I saw there was a outage yesterday with arlo causing issues. After messing with my system for 3 hours I was able to get it working again. However it is still not recording most motion events. Everything's been reset and everything has been removed and resynced. Sensitivity is all the way up. No schedules set. My phone used to blow up with notifications and now it's very very seldom it picks anything up. Started yesterday around 2pm. Arlo still experiencing issues?)

10 REPLIES 10
Mayaclam
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue, audio seems to work fine, but motion is not setting it off.

Nawara2894
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine has started detection motion for animals and people. But will not pick up cars driving by like it was. Which is one of the reasons I have the system. My backyard camera I can live with that but not with the front yard camera. If you find a resolution let me know.

Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine still does not work. Some workarounds I have tried to at least get some use ouf of the cam are:

1) audio detection

2) setting up in mode for motion on an adjacent cam to trigger recording on the cam not able to record motion.

When are they gonna fix this crap?

adocorp
Apprentice
Apprentice

The theme I see for this type of issue after them having an outage, it takes 48+ hours for them to fix something on the cloud. which then magically fixes our issues. After a few days, more outages will come and our stuff stops working again. It's been a trend now I see for months and it's getting worst.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Nawara2894 and @Mayaclam,

Are you still having the problem where motion is not being detected properly on your Arlo Pro camera?

Nawara2894
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not as bad as it was but yes.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Can u fix this once and for all? It's been one week from the original outage. Your status page claims no problem and your Twitter claims it's resolved but that's fake news because it doesn't work. Your Twitter claims we should contact support but L2 support says there's nothing else they can do and never called back when they said they would. Get it together please. The ultimate price is your reputation and lost sales and customer
loyalty.
FortLawrence
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine was the same yesterday also. Now my push notifications are extremely delayed when nothing is detected.
Apprentice
Apprentice
Been like this since the 23rd. Lucky the folks running tech at Arlo dont work at a hospital. IMO Arlo has destroyed want is already weak reputational capital as a reliable security provider. Even as a toy company it's unreliable IMO.
Gidmo
Guide
Guide

I agree. I got suckered into purchasing Aro cameras after reading the reviews, But now, camera and recording are hit and a miss. And support is pathetic