Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
truenorthern
Follower
Follower

I have 1 of my cameras will not record in motion....is this something that needs to be sent back for repairs or replacment?  the other cameras work perfect on the same settings and setup.  

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure that the running man for that camera in the Devices tab is black, not gray. Also, try using the motion detection test in Settings, My Devices your camera, Motion Detection Test to see if that works. If not, you could swap at the store or open a case with support.
donniefitz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras randomly stops recording and firing notifications. It will show the orange running man, like does detect motion, but it doesn't record or notify. Is this normal, or should I return this camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, try removing the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.  Any help?

donniefitz2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I reset the base station and that seemed to work. I'll keep an eye on it. 

Thanks.

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm having the same issue. 1 of 2 Arlo Pros doesn't notify or record, but live streaming works perfectly fine. I've toggled all the settings and nothing is making it work. The library of the 2nd Pro is empty after 2 weeks of operation.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the running man icon for that camera in the Devices tab black or gray?  If gray, it's disarmed and won't record. Try power cycling the base and pop the battery out and back in on the camera.  If that doesn't help, remove the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync.  Failing that, open a case with support.

archon810
Apprentice
Apprentice