Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DeeBoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera isn't sending push notifications, AGAIN. I have been having notification alert and sound problems for a couple of weeks. I've done everything, even uninstalled the app, unplugged everything for about 8 hrs. Reinstalled, rebooted everything. Checked notification settings on my phone, too. It records, but doesn't send alerts. So frustrated with the whole thing 😞
3 REPLIES 3
Peau
Tutor
Tutor

After last week's update I was having problems with push notifications as well.  Problems varied from no notifications or the custom sound not working.  I've worked around this for my Android 8 Huawei P9 lite by uninstalling Arlo and downloading a previous version from APKmirror.com.  Once on the apkmirrior site, search for Arlo.  I downloaded a version from October and I'm now getting immediate push notifications with my custom sound.  Now I just need to work out how to prevent auto updates from Google Play so I don't have to keep doing this.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

As @Peau mentions, go back to a previous version of the app. I am also using an old version and I have no issues.

To turn off auto-update from the google play store............. open store, tap the three bars in upper left, settings, auto-update apps, turn it off.

joeykraj
Guide
Guide

I too am having similar issues. Today I uninstalled the application from my Galaxy S9, and reinstalled.  The push notifications are now showing on my device, but the sound is still using the phone's stock sound and not the one I chose in the Arlo application.  I can try the solution above, but that's not a long term fix.  We need an app update please.