Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video playback issues after update

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
smstallworth
Aspirant
Aspirant

After latest update on 10.29.18. Version 2.6.2_22800 sometimes my videos are not playing back.  It alerts me and I go view video it just buffers.  This doesn't happen all the time or on all cameras.  Sometimes it plays other times not.  My model is arlo pro VMB4000

4 REPLIES 4
larrycdixon1951
Aspirant
Aspirant

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @smstallworth,

Have you tried clearing out the cache for the Arlo app? If that doesn't help, try to reinstall the app to see if that helps it out. Also, see if you are experiencing this problem through the web client on the computer.

smstallworth
Aspirant
Aspirant
No that didn't help. Actually my app is working fine. My husband had auto update on his settings for his apps. So when arlo app updated last is when he started having this issue. I think arlo did a fix patch and they replied back to a post he put on arlo FB page. Even then when we uninstalled and reinstalled his appn8s having issues. Now videos play better but he cannot turn cameras on arm. Thanks for your suggestion.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

That's good the videos are able to play properly. Is your husband the main account holder or has grant access? If he has grant access, make sure he has administrator rights to turn cameras on arm.