Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not detecting Motion

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdalesmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had my Arlo 1 week now.  easy setup and worked great all week.  Today there were no detections during the overnight, Everymorning I have at least 3 or 4 from random cars going by and letting the dog out before the system is disarmed in the morning.  I left the system armed and walked past the cammera.  It did not detect the motion!  I disarmed and rearmed the system and still nothing!  Disconnected base station from power and restarted now it detects normally.  

This is very concerning that the system can appear armed but do nothing.  Anybody else haveing this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray?  If gray, you're likely in the Disarmed mode.

rdalesmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. the runnung man was black.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your firmware version in Settings, My Devices and compare to those in the Release Notes section here.  Update as needed if possible.

It may be time to reset the base by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  That can clear out weirdness that may be affecting proper operation. Be sure to note your settings and modes/rules before the reset so you can rebuild easily.

Holosim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, although my detection icon remains orange.  From what I understand orange means it is currently detecting motion, although nothing is recorded and icon remains orange all the time until I go to live view, but immediately goes back to orange after live view ends.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
That usually means you need to flush the cache on the app or browser.