Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro not charging

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jaysondull
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Pro is not charging all 3 are around 80ish% and no matter what micro USB I plugin (and I have plenty) I get the infamous orange light.  I even tried to plug it into the base station.  I guess it was so bad they came out with a separate charging station and want to charge people 60 bucks for it.  Forget about being able to call or email someone to fix the problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaysondull
Tutor
Tutor

Do you have a picture of the supplied charger?  I think the common problem is we chunk it in a box of electronics and dig through said box when we need something.  Yes, I am guilty of this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro will not charge on a regular 5v USB...

they use a special Qualcomm type adapter that outputs 5 v for running and 9 v for charging the battery pack....use the same original  adapter that came with the camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jaysondull
Tutor
Tutor

Do you have a picture of the supplied charger?  I think the common problem is we chunk it in a box of electronics and dig through said box when we need something.  Yes, I am guilty of this.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It's a white rectangle ( like many others ) but it is LABELED NETGEAR under the ac prongs ( that go in the wall )

Also shows the outputs in fine print there

Capture.JPG

Morse is faster than texting!
jaysondull
Tutor
Tutor

That solved the problem thanks.