Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Battery Life

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
teresaang
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased the Arlo Pro, and having read and watched reviews, I thought the battery life would last longest more or less 6 months, and depending on the settings, could be 2-3 months. I'm just wondering if there's something wrong my battery? I've only been using it for 8 days, including today, and my battery says 1% left!

My settings are: Motion Sensitivity 30%, Recording 120 secs., On average I can see that it records 50-60 videos a day. 

What do you guys think?

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The estimated battery life expectation is based on 5 minutes a day of recording/streaming. Since you're doing around 2 hours a day, it's probably right. With that sort of use, I'm not even sure a solar panel would keep you charged and the only permanent power option right now is either only for indoor use or a 3rd party option outdoors, which may void your warranty. For high traffic areas, you really need permanent power or a different camera

teresaang
Aspirant
Aspirant

steve_t wrote:

The estimated battery life expectation is based on 5 minutes a day of recording/streaming. Since you're doing around 2 hours a day, it's probably right. With that sort of use, I'm not even sure a solar panel would keep you charged and the only permanent power option right now is either only for indoor use or a 3rd party option outdoors, which may void your warranty. For high traffic areas, you really need permanent power or a different camera

I'm actually using it indoor, but good to know, thank you.