Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro new home setup. VMC4030

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Having no further use for my Arlo pro cameras.

Have decided to give the system to a family member who is having no success in setting up the system in the new property.

Ive removed all devices before taking them to the new address, and as Arlo suggest try setting up the system using my Mobile device, I was going to set up and then input/edit details as to new email address and a new mobile number, but conatany am presented that no devices can be found.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Best Wishes WME

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wme

Did you remove your base station from your account before they tried to claim it as new?

Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shaynes.

No all I done was removed device (base station, &  cameras) before removing the whole system and trying to set up in the new property.

So I assume that is still under my account details, & my original IP address  hence why its not working as the IP address isn’t recognised/different.

Would I need to contact Arlo to remove me from that system, so it would be installed as a complete new system/device to the new IP at the new address.

Many thanks.

WME

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you in fact went to the Settings > My Devices > Selected the base > Selected Remove Device, than this step was done properly. If you have not, this will affect the new user trying to claim & set up the base station.

Wme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shaynes.

Ive picked up the base station, I will set it up again at its original place my home & try to remove base station hopefully using the correct steps.

I’ll have to see how it go’s.

thanks again.

wme

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Wme

You are welcome! let me know how it goes.