Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up a schedule for each of my Arlo Pro cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
enem156
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have four Arlo Pro cameras connected to a base unit. I'd like to set up different schedules for each of my cameras. If I look at the user manual, it tells me to log into my Arlo app and select Mode. Then it tells me that a list of all my cameras will be displayed, but the only thing it shows me is my Arlo base station. I can set up a schedule that covers all of my cameras, but I can't find a way to set different schedules for different cameras. Is this a typo in the manual or is there a way to set up a different schedule for each camera? I'm not new to Arlo, I've used them for several years, but it's always struck me as strange that I can't find a way to do this.
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on creating custom modes. Put only the cameras you want at a particualr time in a mode and create more modes for differing umbers of cameras. Any camera without a rule is disarmed. Once you have the modes you need, schedule them in the appropriate time slots.

enem156
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems like a very convoluted way of doing it.  It would be a lot easier if they would just show all my cameras in the schedule list and let me set up a schedule for each one.

LexiChas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been reading all the threads on custom modes, and I too have same problem of base station being only item in my device list.  To the right it has choices, armed, disarmed or schedule.  I click Schedule which has a pencil next to it, and I can add to my schedule but nowhere is there an option to assign a mode to a camera.  I have not paid for a subscription, am using only the free version.  Is this where the difference is?  I'm quite computer literate yet cannot find seperate cameras in schedule mode for the life of me.  So when I schedule the base station, only camera 1 turns on as per schedule

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LexiChas

To create a mode to assign to your schedule you will need to add a mode within the (Mode) Section. Then while in the schedule mode after pressing the (pencil) icon, you will be able to add that mode & pick the time/day/start-stop time.

LexiChas
Aspirant
Aspirant

The missing link, at 1am this morning, is to do this add a custom mode via the computer, not the app on the ipad or samsung phone.  The add button doesn't appear on those, only on the computer.  So once I fired that up and found that extra button, I got it working.

enem156
Aspirant
Aspirant

You don't see the Add Button?  I see it on both the web app on my computer and also on my S10+ Android phone...

LexiChas
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, only on the computer.  I tried on Samsung S9, and iPad Pro and neither app showed it

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LexiChas

Do you have a screenshot of this?

enem156
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is what I see on both the web app and on my S10+...

Screenshot_20190806-124919_Arlo.jpg