Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
sspring92
Star
Star

My Arlo pro has been basically usless since they updated the ios app to "fix" the audio.  The incoming audio pops in and out constantly, sounds like staticy morse code.  There is also a 30 second delay on live feed for both audio and video rendering it useless as a security camera.  My original arlo cameras with no audio work fine with  only a  1 to 2 second delay.  I have retarted the base station, removed and reinstalled the camera and it is running the most recent firmware.  I have tried to live chat with netgear, but there never seems to ge an agent available.  I haven't called because I really don't want to be charged a fee for tech support on a device I've had less than a year.  Is there a e-mail address for support?  I have searched the website and have not been able to find one.  Has anyone else expereinced these problems?

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
sspring92
Star
Star

is there an email address there? Searched and can’t find one.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No ...it's an html email ( ok use to be )

left is chat and phone  and you can always go on facebook

Morse is faster than texting!
harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo seems to be running a close second to Comcast. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

sspring92,

Does the camera behave the same in all locations? It sounds like it could be a problem at the cameras location causing an issue. Try moving it close to the base station (within a few feet just to test) to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

jasonp2737
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC

I can't speak for sspring92, but a lot of us have had the same issue and it doesn't matter where the cameras are located. Just popped up for most of us last month. I was working, two different times, with tech support trying to get it resolved. All of the troubleshooting that was recommended has been done. New cameras have been sent and the problem continues. I have even upgraded my internet speed due to the first tech I worked with blaming the sudden problem on my internet speed. Nothing has helped and I have seen countless complaints of the same problem on the message board. For some reason, probably due to a lack of answers, both techs have quit responding to my tickets. I loved the product for the first year I had it, but this has obviously become very frustrating since it appears these problems were caused by last months update. I know there are serveral issues being addressed right now, but do you know if the problem with the video lag/pause is something that is currently being worked on? Thanks.  

sspring92
Star
Star
It had always worked fine in that location previously. But that is a good idea. I’ll test it, thanks!
mastergreener
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any improvement with this on your end? I tried to setup my new Arlo Pro 2 pack last week and we were having the exact same video lag and audio pooping out. Audio for the most part useless. Video could lag behind by a minute at times. Restarting live stream sometimes fixed it but only for a short time. The audio is completely useless though. I wanted to get the new Arlo Doorbell but worried its just going to be the same issue. Has anyone got any feedback from support and sorted this out?

Thanks,

Karl

Meanding
Initiate
Initiate

I've been having the same problem the last couple months. Anybody notice the UI changed in the last couple weeks. Not sure if that update has anything to do with the 1 min delay in Video and Sound on all 4 cameras. I've Reset the Base, Set my Router QoS to Highest for Arlo (only improved lag by 5 seconds). System only a year old. Not sure where to go now, except to maybe another system. That's a shame, This system started out perfectly, then I've noticed over the year that the updates chipped away at the quality of the service. If anyone has any updates or guidance, please reply.

Thanks.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @mastergreener and @Meanding,

Have you tried moving your cameras closer to the Base Station and see if the issue still persists? Also try to open the camera battery door and remove the battery and place it back in and give it a few minutes for the camera to sync again. See if that helps the issue with any delays from live video and audio.

And does this happen on both the Arlo app and web client?

mastergreener
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

My setup is brand new. Just out of the box. The cameras were 5 feet away from the base station when testing and audio is very bad/choppy. Basically useless. If they need to be any closer then its a very pointless system. I've had the issue since I turned them on. Clearly this is a firmware issue as many people are complaining that it was much better months ago before some updates. I really hope that NetGear/Arlo realise this and release an update ASAP. I just spent a lot of money on these cameras and on the accessories to setup a home security solution. Right now they are not impressing unfortunately. Could an Arlo representative please comment?

Karl

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Just to make sure, are you experiencing this delay through the Arlo app or web client? Or both?

We recommend that you have a high-speed internet which has a minimum of 1 Mbps upstream. Otherwise, the functionality and video quality might be negatively affected. The lower your upstream bandwidth, the greater the possibility of the following performance issues which may include your video quality becoming pixelated and unclear or experiencing a delay with the live stream.

If your upstream is more than 1 Mbps and you are experiencing this delay on both clients, feel free to let me know and I can help create a case for you so our support team can further assist you.

bradru
Initiate
Initiate

Picked up new Arlo Pro 2 system today and having the same issue as everyone else delayed live video 30-60 seconds and poor audio. Bandwidth is good... 50M down / 5M up based (verified with speedtest).  Have rebooted base station multiple times, and have replaced battery and resync camera.  Occurs with camera within 3ft of the base station and WIFI router. I have verified that I am running the latest firmware on base station and camera.

Issues occur with web (safari browser) and IOS 12 and Arlo app.

Wished I would have found this thread before I purchased... wasted my time.  Obivously this is a wide spread issue. Hopefully this post will help the NetGear engineers to identify and resolve this issues for current/future customers. I am not planning on wasting more of my time, returning system.

-Brad

Lesfranck
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, I am having exactly the same issues under the same circumstances. Hugely disappointing and frustrating. Obviously I have put to much trust in Netgear/Arlo, and have ended up with a useless product that there’s no support for.
Troutking
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same lag/buffering issue. Saved videos work fine. Live has a buffering problem. I bought the Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras over a year ago. Everything worked great until a few months ago. Definitely an update that went bad. I have 300 mg speed. One of my cameras is 15 feet from the base station.

This system was a 5 out of 5. Now a 1. They shouldn’t be allowed to sell these until they fix the problem. The problem is at Netgear.
Lesfranck
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Some level of comfort in that this has worked at one point. I just bought mine and it’s been a disappointing from day one.