Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ToddNielson
Tutor
Tutor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ToddNielson

You can still choose for the alarm to go off when motion is detected. It appears you're just not familar with how the new version of the app works. (Which I'm sure you got automatically because you have google play store or the apple store set to install app updates automatically. You should turn auto-update off so you can read what's new with each update before updating)

To add the siren to go off when motion is detected you have to edit your mode, edit your rule, tap Add Device, then choose your base under the Alarms section. Make sure to save the rule when done editing.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here for both android and ios.  I didnt update anything just realized it's no longer there.   Has Netgear given up on this whole problem?  Maybe i should just return the whole system to Costco.  I still have time

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

IT WAS MOVED... you could do a search as this happened a while back.

On IOS and android, look for a small "pull down" bar in center top screen on live view

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, i see it now, thx.  How was it moved?  I didnt update the app.  

ToddNielson
Tutor
Tutor

Yes... When I pull the bar down it is gray. I then click on the word "Alarm" and a message comes up asking "Are you sure you want to turn the alarm ON?"   I click "YES".  The gray bar then turns  yellow. Then it  sets the siren off in my house. It screams for about 3 minutes and goes off.   I then close out the app and go back in and it is shut off again and the same mess starts again. 

The old IOS app allowed me to set it so that it is motion triggered for each device. This option just turns the siren on. It's garbage and it serves no point. I am not going to watch my cameras until there is an intruder then sound the siren myself. That is just crazy. They need to get this fixed ASAP.

ToddNielson
Tutor
Tutor

Unless we can get confirmation that the issue is resolved I would return it if I were you. My Arlo Pro has worked perfectly under the previous IOS and now with the New Update without the siren I feel like I need to look for a new system.

If anyone is reading and have any connections at ARLO... please tell them to fix this. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Really? All that happened is that the alarm was moved after others whined it was too easy to activate accidentally. It's still there as described above.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ToddNielson

You can still choose for the alarm to go off when motion is detected. It appears you're just not familar with how the new version of the app works. (Which I'm sure you got automatically because you have google play store or the apple store set to install app updates automatically. You should turn auto-update off so you can read what's new with each update before updating)

To add the siren to go off when motion is detected you have to edit your mode, edit your rule, tap Add Device, then choose your base under the Alarms section. Make sure to save the rule when done editing.

ToddNielson
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for the help.... appreciate it.

I had to click on “Mode” at the bottom of the app screen when it opens.... then select “Alert”, choose “Add a mode”, name the custom mode. In the upper right you will need to click on “Next” to go thru the steps to set it up exactly the way you want.. Be sure to click “Save” at the end. After you set up the custom mode you can add additional devices.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Maybe the iPhone app is different, but on the andriod app I can add a device and choose my base for the siren in the Armed mode. I don't need to create a new custom mode. But either way, glad you figured it out.

ToddNielson
Tutor
Tutor
Amati5 Aspirant

My bad.. I was ignorant to how to set it up. Just had to create all new modes. Thanks for the help arlo peeps.