Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bushes blowing keep activating camera. How can I prevent this?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ArnoldL
Follower
Follower

Bushes blowing keep activating camera. How can I prevent this?

6 REPLIES 6
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Turn the motion sensitivity down. You can set the sensitivity by editing your Mode (Armed), then edit the rule for your camera, then tap the pencil next to detects motion. Set you sensitivity there.

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even at 8% it still detects.  I dont think the sensitivity adjustment do anything

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you adjusting the sensitivity in your modes and saving? If you're using the Motion Detection Test, it won't save since it's just a test.

Amati5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, in mode and saved and checked again and it was at 8%.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I think you can use the zoom feature, under camera settings, video settings, for each camera, to zoom in on where you want motion and recording to take place. This way you could then zoom in a bit to remove the bushes from the cameras motion detection and recording field of view. I've never tried so not sure how well it works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Zooming in changes the cameras field of view, but not the field of detection. You may have to consider relocating the camera, or you could try subscribing to Arlo Smart which would allow you create activity zones. For more information on Arlo Smart, take a look here: Arlo Smart

JamesC