Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brats
Initiate
Initiate

Live in Phoenix,AZ. Plan to place camera outside. There is a temperature max of 113F listed in Arlo Pro info. Will be placing cameras under shade. Still will Az heat affect the functioning of the cameras or in anyway damage them?

Your help with this question is greatly appreciated,

Jorge

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think anyone has had an issue with peak temps, just very cold ones.

SimonHill
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jorge,

have you had any temperature related issues with your camera so far? I also live in an area where ambient temperatures can rise above the maximum specification of the camera (50 C or 122 F). I need to place one of my cameras where there is very little shade and the "feels like" temperature can reach 65 C or 150 F. I'm considering buying the silicon skins to help protect them but these may just melt as well causing further damage to the camera. What is your experience?

Brats
Initiate
Initiate

Hello Simon,

So far have had no problem with the camera that is situated in an area that gets sun in the hottest part of the day. The temerature here in Phoenix reached 120F. We had almost an entire week of 115F average. Currentl the averages have been 105 to 108F. The camera is not covered or protected. It has functioned well since we placed it in it's location. The batteries seem to have held out well too.

Hope that helps and stay safe

Jorge