Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro in Australia

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Mikamble
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can ArloPro be used in Australia at 240 V? Model not released here and I am impatient.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikamble,

You can use Arlo Pro anywhere in the world. If you purchase an Arlo Pro system in the US and plan to use it elsewhere, keep in mind you may need a special power adapter.

Arlo Pro will launch soon in regions outside the US. Closer to the end of this year or early next year.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mikamble,

You can use Arlo Pro anywhere in the world. If you purchase an Arlo Pro system in the US and plan to use it elsewhere, keep in mind you may need a special power adapter.

Arlo Pro will launch soon in regions outside the US. Closer to the end of this year or early next year.

JamesC

Harlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've just done exactly that. The router will need a 240-110V transformer for it's power adapter that is 110V only. The USB charger which plugs into the cameras is worldwide voltage so you'll only need a physical adapter.

240-110V transformers seem easy to source in the US since travellers originating from there will often need it. I bought mine from ACE Hardware. 

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1390288

Enjoy!

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hey Harlo,

Just wanted to know if you've had any issues using the system here in Australia and if anything else is required besides the adaptor for the base station.

Thanks

Mat_S
Guide
Guide
Any comment on issues using this in AUS with a adapter?
Jacoba
Guide
Guide

Is there any update on Arlo Pro sales in Australia yet?

Also will there be additional accessories such as solar charging panels?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

April 12th will be the official Arlo Pro availability date (through JB HiFi and Harvey Norman).

I do not currently have a release date for the Solar Panel, see here for more information: How can I use the Arlo Solar Panel?

JamesC