Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - iPhone App Library Playback

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
jrichmo43
Follower
Follower
I installed our new Arlo Pro yesterday. When I login to the iPhone app, I can see saved video clips in the library. However when I press the play button nothing happens. Does anyone else have this same problem?
11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No iOS here but I'd try reinstalling the app. If that fails, try a browser to see if that works OK. Also, maybe a phone restart would help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Also , what device and iOS make a difference in the answer...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jrichmo43,

Are you still experiencing this behavior after the above troubleshooting? I have not been able to replicate the playback issue you are describing on iOS.

JamesC

Ptrop011
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am running into the same issue. I have a iPhone 7 Plus with the most current updates and firmware's. I can only see the videos in the library but can't play them does anybody have any idea on how I can fix this?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ptrop011,

Consider uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store. Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

Nyquistr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an IPAD and the video playback works just fine. However I am unable to get playback on my iphone6. I deleted and downloaded the ARLO App but still no go

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nyquistr,

What is preventing you from playing the videos on the iphone? Do you get an error when you attempt to play the video? What occurs?

JamesC

ChuckSp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had this exact same issue with my iPhone 7 plus. Everything worked fine with 2 cameras, I added a 3rd and all of a sudden there was no playback. I deleted and reinstalled the app with no success. I read one of the options here to simply reboot the phone and it worked. Everything is now working as it should on both my phone and my iPad. Just wanted to share my results and thank everyone else for their input on this problem. Have a great day!

Peterguam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and ran into the same issue of not being able to playback video. I did a hard reset on my phone and everything works now.
brianeight
Tutor
Tutor

One more vote for "do a hard iPhone reboot". I could not view video from the Library on my iPhone 6. My Arlo app and iOS were both up to date. Remove/reinstall the app did not work.... but a basic hard reboot of the iPhone did the trick. Low-tech solution but it worked.

Nyquistr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I turned off the phone and when i turned it back on the video works