Honest battery usage question for high traffic area

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I currently have two outside Pro camera's, one at the front porch running off battery power and gets about 6 to 8 activations per day, battery life seems to be very good at this rate. Stilll on it's first charge after 2 months of use. My second camera is mounted above my garage door looking out over the driveway/front yard and get's anywhere from a dozen to two dozen activations (30 secound recordings) per day. This one is hard wired into an outlet so battery usage is'nt an issue.

I was hoping to get a third camera that would also cover my front yard/walkway area but this camera would have to powered by battery only. My question is, if this camera also get's 1 to 2 dozen activations per day, will I be changing out batteries once a week or so? Anyone have experience with a high usage camera running off battery power? What's a real world usage for this type of set up?

Like other's, I'm planning to buy a solar panel for this future camera when they become availabe.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Spec usage is 5 minutes of recording and live viewing per day. You could adjust your recording time to try to keep in that time or less and/or change your camera view so you don't get as many recordings.

I'd think, based on your description, that the battery would probably average needing a charge once a month. It just all depends...