Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro has big dots across screen in daytime. Tried cleaning lens and rebooting.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Venicebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro has large dots across screen , I cleaned the lens it is clean, I rebooted, resynced , still big dots in daytime. No way to send photo or contact Arlo except by phone. Useless.

Arlo 3.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried looking at the surface of the lens with a magnifier? These strike me as hard water "splotches" which should be visible on close inspection. You can probably successfully clean them off but take care to apply the solution only to the cloth and not directly to the lens, which could allow some solution to leak into the camera.

A quick search on "remove hard water stains from glass" provided a suggestion of 50% water and 50% vinegar. Don't use anything abrasive.

Dannybear
Master
Master
These spots seem to be very uniform and some can be seen to be patterned together.
I wonder if the infrared lens cap has been dislodged inside the camera and the spots are a reflection.
Venicebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I looked at lens with magnifier and cleaned it several times, nothing is visible. The pattern is too even  across field and in shape to be exterior drops,

Thanks.

Venicebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera looks OK from outside, lens looks clear, no way to see what is inside. Either way If that was the case camera is toast.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only other thing I can think of is moisture inside the camera (on the lens or sensor). Swap cameras around with one that's indoors and give it some time to dry out to see if that makes a difference.

Venicebeach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks , All the cameras are outside and have not been effected. The cameras gets hot sun on them in daytime. It is currently inside with the battery removed. The faulty camera is now inside with battery removed.

IMO the CPU is at fault as the dots are uniform not random as moisture would be. I may open it and look inside, nothing to loose. Maybe run a hair dryer over the guts.

Its real bad customer service that you cannot email photo to arlo tech dept. if there even is one for review, and the only thing left is buyers helping each other. I will not recommend this system to anyone for lock of customer service. I have called them in the past and they just read a script.