Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
arlonet1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lately i have had alot of these "empty recordings" which occur at random (happens to about 7 out of 10 recordings) which basically means that i can see the snapshot of the recording in the app as usual but when i hit play nothing happens, it tries to buffer but the clip cannot be played, only way to see the recording is to download the clip and watch it with my media player on the phone. Happens with both my cameras, one is close to the base station and the other is far away. Could this be related to the app as the recording seems to be saved in the cloud as it can be downloaded?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the videos are intact, I would restart the phone and reinstall the app. Use a browser to see if that works ok.

What phone and OS version are you using?

arlonet1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using Samsung galaxy s6 with android 5.0. I have reinstalled The app with no luck, when i try to use The webbrowser (both Chrome and IE) and try to download The files that are affected i get error "The file is corrupt" and cannot be downloaded. Only way to view The affected recordings is to use The download option in the app, the video plays but then i get no sound because it says that The codec is not supported.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use VLC on your computer to watch the videos. It's known to work well and is free.

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having the same issue which started a few weeks ago... The solutions provided here are off base to the cause:

Issue:

- About 70% of my Arlo Pro recordings are just a snapshot of the motion detected image.  No video.

- It is not the Mobile Software, as playing the same recording from arlo.com results in a blank video.

- Rebooting the Arlo home base has not helped.

- I have 2 other Arlos (not pro) and they are not having any issue.

- The Arlo Pro has been at this same location for over 1 year without issue.

- When I started I thought it was due to the low battery level...but after recharging to 100% still the same.

- Playing Live streams from the device always works.

arlonet1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Glad im not alone.
Tried with usb storage today but The problem remains. So annoying. Will do some more troubleshooting this week and see IF i can find any solution.
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

Arlonet1,

Looks like one difference in our issues is that my cloud recordings for the non-videos are not playable on download (nor via the arlo cloud player)