Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trying to figure out why/how a deer just appeared in the recording?  where did it come from?  Why does the camera not show the animal coming down the driveway?   is it pointing wrong?  There seems to be a  BIG delay as to when it sees something and starts to record. 

The camera is about 90% battery level and about 30 feet from the Base station.

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/2215E5F9DF7AC088_201906

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The location placement looks good for picking up deer tho straight on is less effective then side to side.

How is the sense level ?  Most of mine run at 90-92% setting... default is 80.

And yes , there can be delays on the start of record due to date speeds...

So really answer is unknown

Max range is about 25 ft for people , BTW.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

Detection is set at 80% (default).   Someone could have been past the camera before it started recording.. 

I'm starting to think about moving to Wyze.  I have 2 already, they don't seem to have the delay.

whitneyjr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would like to know if you received any good suggestions to the delayed recording problem?  I am not using my ARLO now as there is an almost 30 second requirement for the camera to recognize any motion, activate, and send a message/recording.  People are coming and going without the ARLO activating or activating after the animal or person have left the field of view.  This is occuring with ARLO's and overlapping fields of coverage.  It is not doing its intended purpose of providing security for my home.