Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro connecting to a home mesh network

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brianly123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an Eero mesh network setup in my home with four stations. The Arlo base station is plugged ditectly into the Eero that is plugged directly into the cable modem/router. I have six cameras around the perimeter of my house. The cameras do mot seem to be connecting to the mesh network but only directly to the Arlo base station. How can i take advantage of the mesh network?
3 REPLIES 3
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
The Arlo cameras only communicate with the Arlo base. They will not communicate with any other wireless network devices.

Your set up is correct
Coko
Aspirant
Aspirant
Good point. I was thinking if meshing my network for the same reason - better signal to distant cameras when it dawned on me the cameras are communicating to the base. I suppose you could possibly use the mesh to reposition the Arlo base to a more advantageous location Central to your cameras. The other idea I'm considering is adding a tp link re500 range extender in AP mode (wired direct to wireless modem) and connect the Arlo hub to it. Supposedly that configuration covers 40000 square feet. Anyone tried that or similar?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Works fine - I use an older WiFi extender on one of my bases.  The real key, though, may be to use multiple bases rather than just one.