Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro compatibility

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Duster399
Follower
Follower

I own the regular Arlo camera.  I just saw an ad about Arlo pro.  I'm wondering if I can buy individual Arlo pro camera with what I have or  do I have to purchase the entire kit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duster399,

The Arlo Pro camera is backward compatible with your existing Arlo Wire-Free system. The Arlo Pro will sync to your current base station and can be purchased individually.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Duster399,

The Arlo Pro camera is backward compatible with your existing Arlo Wire-Free system. The Arlo Pro will sync to your current base station and can be purchased individually.

JamesC

infoluna
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

Are all the features of the Pro camera available if we are using the existing system?

armando

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

infoluna,

Yes the Arlo Pro Camera features are backward compatible with your existing base station.

The Arlo Pro Base station features (local storage and siren) will however not be available unless you have an Arlo Pro Base Station.

JamesC

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi JamesC,

What if you no longer want to use the old base and only use the Pro base, can the old cameras sync to it?

-Robert
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RobertRosal,

Absolutely, your existing Arlo Wire-Free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro Base Station to utilize the new base station features. This allows for flexibility when adding to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

JamesC

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

JamesC wrote:

RobertRosal,

Absolutely, your existing Arlo Wire-Free cameras can be synced to an Arlo Pro Base Station to utilize the new base station features. This allows for flexibility when adding to your existing Arlo Wire-Free system.

JamesC

Excellent!  Thanks for clarifying.

-Robert
1tubulardude
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am looking to add 1 more camera to my Arlo basic wireless unit. will Arlo Pro or Arlo Go intergrate?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Pro will. The Go is a totally different camera and hasn't been released yet.
BangrTrip6
Aspirant
Aspirant
Need to know if the newer two way talk Pro cams or other models are compatible with my original Arlo base station? Need to add 2 to my system if possible
Thanks
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes. You can add the Pro or Pro 2 cameras to your original base station. You can also add your older HD cameras to a newer base station if you wanted to look at USB backup recordings