Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 15 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
smiletwice
Follower
Follower

I just bought this system.  It takes 10 second videos every time motion is sensed.  It does not appear to continue recording when motion is ongoing past ten seconds.  And then I can't review video when I'm away from home.  I have an iPhone, with three bars of Verizon LTE showing up and when I hit play on the video it buffers for a minute or so and then just go still again with the video never having played.  Any ideas?  Not impressed at all so far.....

17 REPLIES 17
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

10 second record is the default, you can go into the MODE your using and edit it to make the time up to 2 mins

Check out the FAQs and look for increase record time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

smiletwice,

You can view recordings from the web client or Arlo mobile app as long as you have an internet connection (does not need to be connected to the same network as your base station).

It sounds like your connection away from home could be poor, causing the videos to buffer and fail. Do you see this behavior when attempting to use any other application on your phone?

JamesC

Bluelady13
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue. I cannot view the clips, or the live living room feed while I am away from home. And I was parked next to a huge cell tower. Had ATT and full bars. I have a Linksys Velop secure wifi system on my home internet, and I could view my Vivint doorbell camera and the clips on that. Why is Arlo so bad? How do you fix this? I bought these to view my home and pups inside when I am away. That's $1000 for something that I can't use

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bluelady13,

Do you get any error messages when attempting the live stream? What behavior are you seeing after clicking the live stream button?

JamesC

Bluelady13
Tutor
Tutor

It just tells me I'm not connected to the internet. I use my fingerprint to login and it tells me the same. I can't see clips or live feed because it says I'm
Not connected to the internet. I've restarted my iPhone, I was sitting next
To a cell tower with full bars, could view the doorbell cam and change the AC temp and surf the web. I had internet just not wifi.

I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling, but still can not open the arlo app when away from home to view the camera live feed, or clips. I'd really APPRECIATE some help!! I can't get back to this question easily. It took me 2 days to find it

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bluelady13,

It sounds like your mobile device did not have an internet connection at the time you were attempting to use the app. Were other data applications working on your phone at the time?

Are you still experiencing this when connected to mobile data?

JamesC

Bluelady13
Tutor
Tutor

This is what I got on I-10 todayThis is what I got on I-10 todaySame on I-10Same on I-10Out in front of my home. I have 55 mbsOut in front of my home. I have 55 mbs

These are from today. On the I-10 on my way home to check the cameras, and then out in front of my home. I have 55 mbs internet with ATT Uverse, and a Velpo system to reduce interference. Because theres a mall behind my home and neighbors all have WIFIALL the other wifi in rangeALL the other wifi in range

WHY can I not view the cameras??? I thought that was the pourpose of them, to view activity while AWAY from HOME

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
on the first two screen shots looks like you only have 1 let bar. you were away from home during those instances... does it pick up the cameras when you are home?
on the last screen shot looks like your base station does not have an internet connection.
mlf1
Initiate
Initiate

SOLVED (probably - solved my problem).  iPhone / Settings / Arlo / Cellular Data - Enable.  Default setting appears to be Disabled.

Dazee
Tutor
Tutor

I am so frustrated, it will not allow me to view cameras or get notifications when away from home .  It says no wireless internet?!!??  My allow cellular is on. HELP HELP

Dazee
Tutor
Tutor

I need to get this resolved so I can return over $1000.00 worth of equipment before return date passes.

I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT STILL SAYS ‘NO WI FI CONNECTION’ WHEN I TRY & view when away from home!!!!!

there needs to be a section on how to properly set up your iPhone . My phone is the 7 and updated to IOS 11.

Dazee
Tutor
Tutor

Can’t view away from home.  YES, everything else works fine on my phone and have good internet connection. Keep getting message, no wi fi connection!!

PLEASE HELP. THIS IS WHY I PURCHASED!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dazee,

Where are you seeing the error message? If your mobile device has an internet connection, you can log in to the Arlo mobile app and view from anywhere. It could be the network you are connected to that is blocking the live stream, try turning off the WiFi connection on your phone and use the data connection, do you experience the same issue?

JamesC

mlf1
Initiate
Initiate

For me on my iPhone 6 / IOS 11, this problem resolved when I discovered the Settings / Arlo . Cellular Data setting.  I turned that On, then I could view videos while on Verizon LTE.  Apparently, the default setting is Off.  I did not see this described in the Arlo documentation (but I might have missed it).  Other commenters on this thread say they have Cellular Data set to On, so this apparently is not the only problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It might be worth reinstalling the app, allowing all permissions and checking again.  I wonder if it's an issue with the app installing or updating not setting permissions as expected.

DandyGal09
Initiate
Initiate
Oh lawd..... I need to save this thread and don't know how. I'm having same issue.
Not understanding the tag?
Help....all of this is new
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DandyGal09,

Can you provide specific details of what you are experiencing? Are you seeing any error messages? What exactly are you trying to do that you're having trouble with?

JamesC