Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras won't sync to bas station

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
mchung75
Tutor
Tutor

I bought the 3 camera Arlo Pro system.

Set up the base station as per the manual, but when I tried to sync my camera's to the base station they won;t sync.  Tried all three cameras and not one works.

The base station has the two solid green lights (power and internet) and when I press the sync button on the base station the camera light flashes green.  I then press the sync button on the camera and the blue light on the camera flashes slowly.  After about 2 minutes the slow flashing blue light changes to a rapid amber light and after a little while it stops and no lights are on the camera and the green flashing light on the base station eventually turns off as well.

I have tried all three cameras, hard reset the base station, removed it from the app and reinstalled it.  I've also contacted support and spent an hour going through different things, but still couldn;t make it sync.  The lady suggested that my internet router has firewall settings that are too high and I should contact my ISP and ask how to lower the firewall.  I highly doubt it's the firewall settings on the routher as the syncing between the camera and the base station does not go through the internet or the router.

Can anyone shed some light.  Do I have a bad base station that is faulty?

I am so frustrated and have been working on this for the past 3 hours and still no answers!

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mchung75
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the information TomMac.

I finally got it working after 5 hours trying!

What I did was get into the routers security settings and turned off the firewall.  When I did that my internet didn't work (must be a safety / security feature).  So I turned the firewall back on.  Didn't think that would do anything, so I tried the syncing process again for the sake of trying, thinking it would be the last time I tried before going to bed.  Low and behold, I saw the blue light on the camera rapidly flash.  I couldn't believe my eyes! Lol.

I sync'd a second camera and it worked as well!  Woohoo...

So for some reason it eventually worked.  I don't know how, but it did.  I still don't believe the router's firewall had anything to do with it, but I could be wrong.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The firewall would be more likely to effect you from getting the Green internet LED...the cameras ONLY sync to the base ( base sets up its own wifi network just for the cameras ) But who knows... there was an issue in the past with bitdefender, so temp turn off if you have it.

There are a couple of ports that should be open , but most are at home ; All the ports Arlo uses, 80, 123 and 443, are outgoing ports

So you have power and internet but no cameras....

When you did the reset , did you hold in the reset for ten secs till the front LEDS flashed ?

If so, turn off the base and turn it back on...let it reboot and the power and internet light go green.

Pull all the batteries from the cameras.

Put the battery pack into ONE camera and plug in the power cord/adapter into the AC

Make sure the camera is about 5 ft from base... QUICKLY press the base sync button, then 2 secs later push the camera sync button

pray

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mchung75
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the information TomMac.

I finally got it working after 5 hours trying!

What I did was get into the routers security settings and turned off the firewall.  When I did that my internet didn't work (must be a safety / security feature).  So I turned the firewall back on.  Didn't think that would do anything, so I tried the syncing process again for the sake of trying, thinking it would be the last time I tried before going to bed.  Low and behold, I saw the blue light on the camera rapidly flash.  I couldn't believe my eyes! Lol.

I sync'd a second camera and it worked as well!  Woohoo...

So for some reason it eventually worked.  I don't know how, but it did.  I still don't believe the router's firewall had anything to do with it, but I could be wrong.

mchung75
Tutor
Tutor

So what do you know, I tried to sync my third camera and the same thing is happening again.  Press the sync button on the base station and then press the sync button on the camera and nothing.  It does not sync!

The first two cameras are working fine, but just can't sync the third camera.  I just can't understand why this is happening.  It's doing my head in!!!

I will try going through the process I went through before and turn the firewall off on my router and then turn it back on.  I really can't undestand how this would be the reason, but I'll try it anyway.

Wish me luck.

PS. Does anyone else have this problem or have a better solution?

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

mchung75,

When you press and release the sync buttons on the base and on the camera, does it result a flashing LED (flashing green on the base and flashing blue on the camera)?

You indicated in your post above the you were able to successfully sync the camera. What prompted you to attempt this resync? Is the camera going offline?

JamesC