Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trag
Star
Star

It started yesterday. I cannot receive live streaming images from my 4 cameras. If motion detected they record fine. I use live 90% of time, so. I have reset base station to factory. reset router, and computer. Cannot see live from my phone either. I'm going to have to install a wired system. This has happened before, wish I could remember fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turns out I wasn't up to date on Chrome when I replied.  The latest Chrome defaults to disabling Flash for security reasons.

You can fix this by changing Chrome's settings.  Go to Privacy and Security, Content Settings, Flash.  Either enable Flash or add arlo.netgear.com in the Allow section at the bottom.  Then type in "chrome://flags" (no quotes) and search for flash. Look for the section labelled "Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow"" and enable the setting.  That will prompt you to restart Chrome.  After the restart, live view should be working.

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Ours won't stream either..just a 'please wait' and then it goes back to non-live screenshot.

ztira_1
Guide
Guide

Same issue; noticed it this morning.

I restarted base station and removed one camera and then added it back but this did not resolve the issue.

Camera positioning works to give a live view but I want to change my brightness.

Base station VMB4000r3 - firmware 1.8.10.1_13433

Camera Firmware    1.092.0.4_13099

ztira_1
Guide
Guide

It appears to be an issue with Chrome and Adobe Flash; the blocked icon appears next to bookmark icon.  I have settings to allow flash and if I select the blocked icon to allow it works for the first camera I try but not others.

I updated Chrome and Adobe but same results.

I tried it using Epic Privacy browser and have not had any issues.

GARLAF
Initiate
Initiate

Adobe flash is being phased out.  If your on chrome as your platform your live camera feeds will not work.

Switch to Microsoft Edge and update flash and you should be all good to go

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can use live view on Chrome with no problem.  BTW, Edge is not a supported browser although it does work.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

PLEASE HELP ASAP.  ok so what browser is SAFE and can run this thing because I have heard so much bad about Mozilla, Edge (because of Flash), and now Chrome(even though it was recommmended ). We dont do the mobile apps and use only our HP desktop. My Flash is enabled on chrome, but icon says it isnt..updated chrome, on current flash...still cannot get LIVE viewing back for 2 days.. Is there a drawback to restarting base? will we have to resync all cameras afterwards? We are experiencing a nieghbor problem and must have  live to catch the woman.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Turns out I wasn't up to date on Chrome when I replied.  The latest Chrome defaults to disabling Flash for security reasons.

You can fix this by changing Chrome's settings.  Go to Privacy and Security, Content Settings, Flash.  Either enable Flash or add arlo.netgear.com in the Allow section at the bottom.  Then type in "chrome://flags" (no quotes) and search for flash. Look for the section labelled "Run all Flash content when Flash setting is set to "allow"" and enable the setting.  That will prompt you to restart Chrome.  After the restart, live view should be working.

ztira_1
Guide
Guide

Thanks!  Making the change in chrome://flags resolved the Chrome issue for me.

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

Thank You!  That solved our problem with Chrome and live viewing. In the meantime, Edge worked for live. Our microphone has never worked since installing this system and we've given up on ever using that feature much to our dimay.We are simple ppl who are not computer savvy and geeez do we wish we knew even a third of what you do. 

And our model VMB4000 wasn't on the list..

Thanks again Superuser!

GARLAF
Initiate
Initiate

That worked!  Thank you

BrianLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks jguerdat, this fixed my "no live feed".  Still waiting for Arlo support to get back to me after requesting support 3 days ago.

mkreilein
Aspirant
Aspirant

chrome://flags

fixed the problem with streaming the camera via Chrome - it just started on Thursday 7/28/17

Kangarue
Aspirant
Aspirant

THANK YOU!! This fixed it!

rceyewin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to work thru this issue.  Enabled Flash, Added Arlo website, Typed "chrome://flags" no (")- but it says nothing found.  Am I typing this in the right place??  Still not working.  Any responce will be appreciated.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you typing chrome://flags in the URL bar?

rceyewin
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, it was in the settings panel where i enabled the flash. Also tried the url bar too.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Be sure to follow the steps closely in my post. Enabling Flash is done in Chrome's Settings but the flag is set by typing chrome://flags in the URL bar, two very different things.

rceyewin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tired again. It works. Thank you very much.
BrianLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

bobt63
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! This worked for me although IDK why it suddenly stopped working to begin with.

lilac369
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked!  Thank you,

capodanno
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much. That was exatly what I needed. My Arlo is up and running again.

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same problem, in the beginning I was using the Chrome Browser, I logged out and logged back in using the Microsoft Edge Browser and everything worked fine. Also, if you try and use a mobile device like a phone, tablet, and etc. and if you can do live stream through your cameras, this is when you know the Cameras and the Base IS NOT the issue.

If the methods above does not work:

(1)  try turning off your Arlo cameras

(2) turn off the Arlo Base station

(3) remove the batteries from all Arlo cameras for about 10 minutes or so

(4) reinsert the batteries back in the cameras

(5) turn on the Arlo Base Station, pause for 5 minutes so the Arlo Base Station can connect to all the Arlo Cameras

(6) turn on all the Arlo Cameras

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The real issue is that browser's are starting to not support Flash. The latest update to Chrome turns Flash off and you have to manually turn it back on. That's what my directions above do. It's only a matter of time before other browser's block Flash, too.