Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro cameras either offline or timed out since 1/21

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
MK106
Star
Star

I have 7 or 8 Arlo Pro cameras, and two Arlo Q cameras. 

Since January 21, all Arlo Pro cameras suddenly went "offline."  Having used these for several years happily, I knew the steps to take them all down, remove batteries, reboot the base station, reboot the internet, re-install the cameras, and say a magic word. 

This time is different. The Arlo Pro cameras will:

1) come back on for seconds, then show EITHER a blinking dot or the words "please wait" and then time out with the text "The request timed out" and a green Okay box.  

2)  come on for a split second and then say  "your Arlo device appears offline" 

During this time, I have ran speed tests and have a steady 500 mbps connection and the Arlo Q has no connectivity drops. It is not the Wifi. There is nothing competing for Wifi signal.  All cameras are right in front of the base station and showing full bars for the 5-30 seconds they are online before either timing out or going offline. 

I would greatly appreciate advise on how I can fix.  I do want to resolve this and continue using Arlo.  I need technical support to reply and assist. 

I did call Tech Support on phone and after an hour his only advice was to "delete the app and reinstall it." Guess what - of course that did nothing.  

Did the Cameras get a firmware update pushed out that has caused this?  

0 REPLIES 0