Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro camera cannot be added

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pwongkai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera serials: 59U17A7SB1EB0, 59U17A7FB10A2

I have 2 Arlo pro cameras which were put in storage for a while. When I found them recently, I tried to add them to the arlo pro base station but am unable to. I suspect this may be because of old / outdated firmware but cannot find any information on how to update the firmware if they are detached from the base station and application.

Is there a way to do a hard reset to allow them to be added to the base station and then do a firmware upgrade?

When I click on the synch button on the base station, I get the green flashing light. When I click on the camera synch button I get the blue flashing light but unable to get the camera synched to the base.

Any suggestions / help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
pwongkai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Clarification: the synch process was attempted via the application, following instructions on both a PC and on my mobile device. Cameras were placed within 1 foot of the base station when attempting to synch. Both cameras exhibit the same behaviors / failure to synch (add to base) and obviously unable to upgrade firmware since not able to get cameras synched.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the cameras still exist on your account. Have you removed them from Settings, My Devices? There's no reset other than to reinsert the battery. You also don't have to use the app, just briefly press the base sync button (don't hold it) and then the camera button. Any better?