Arlo Pro cameras and base show offline after power outage

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Had severe thunder storm causing power putage for anout 2 hours.

Got error notice that all 4 cameras were offline as well as base. Here's what I've done:

1. Disconnectd base from modem and ethernet connection. Turned off base, modem and iPhone

2. Turned on modem and waited till fully booted up, plugged in the ethernet to the modem, turned on base and waited for three lights to turn green

4. My iPhone still shpws sam
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Pamws do the following in sequence.

1. Disconnect ethernet from modem
2. Turnoff Arlo base
3. Reset modem by power off
4. After thirty seconds plug Arlo base into modem
5. Tirn on Arlo base and wait for cycle up. You will get ONE GREEN LIGHT as it is mot connected to internet
6. Once Arlo is fully up (1 green light), power on your modem. It will ping all connections snd wireless devices amd sync
7. Sync each camera to the base as normal
8. You app should show your camers and you can the do your settings.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Streak2
Master Master
Master

What were your battery levels like before the power failure?

It's possible that with the base off and the cameras in search mode looking for the base that the batteries went flat.

Plug the charger into one of the cameras and see if it comes back online.

If not, then open and close the battery door to reset the camera and see if that works and if that does not work then remove the cameras using the app. and re-sync them.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A 2 hour outage shouldn't be a problem unless the batteries were ready to die in the first place.  If reinserting the batteries doesn't help, you may need to resync them.

Use of a UPS/battery backup for your modem, router and base is highly suggested so they never lose power except in VERY long outages. This alleviates the issues that sometimes arise from outages, especially in remote installations where resetting things is a PITA due to distance.

pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant

On this same subject, we also had a power outage, with cameras not working afterwards. My five cameras have been connected to a regular base, even though one of the cameras is a Pro. The first thing I did after the outage was to reset the modem and router, because I know that's necessary. Here's the odd problem. On the iphone app, I cannot get the base reconnected.  I tried to connect it to no avail. I also have a Pro base (which I wasn't using at the time) so I tried that one. I follow all the procedures listed and three green lights light up on the base, but still doesn't show up in the app. I have also deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have started from scratch many times with the router, modem and base, but it is not working. Any suggestions?

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
You must sign in to the app, delete each camera then re-sync each camera to the base as though you just opened the box
pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since I changed to the Pro base and then back to the other base, neither the cameras nor the base are showing on the app.

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Pamws do the following in sequence.

1. Disconnect ethernet from modem
2. Turnoff Arlo base
3. Reset modem by power off
4. After thirty seconds plug Arlo base into modem
5. Tirn on Arlo base and wait for cycle up. You will get ONE GREEN LIGHT as it is mot connected to internet
6. Once Arlo is fully up (1 green light), power on your modem. It will ping all connections snd wireless devices amd sync
7. Sync each camera to the base as normal
8. You app should show your camers and you can the do your settings.

Hope this works for you as it did for me.
pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant

This didn't work. I wish it had. There is something strange going on. All the other stuff connected directly or wirelessly to the Router are working just fine. The base shows all three green lights (should the camera one be lit?). But when I attempt to add the base through the app, it never recognizes it. I have tried this on my iPhone, iPad and laptop. It just times out. I have tried with both bases, one at a time and I get the same result.

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
You need to power off you that has the app on it. This resets the memory of the phone and app. Especially if you have an iPhone. Since his death, all strange happenings with any Apple device are blamed on Steve Jobs haunting.
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Power off the smart phone that if
pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I routinely power off my phone. I've done it several times since the outage. I also have removed the app and reinstallled it. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I am open to any ideas at this point.

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Did you get your private message?
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
I see the "Success" banner. Is it working now?
pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't had success yet. I'll check on that when I get back home.
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
Do you know how to send PM?
pamws
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just to let you know, I solved the problem earlier this evening. I have tried to do a factory reset many times (along with all the other stuff I was doing), but each time as I was doing it through the app after a failed connection with the base. The actual instruction I see in my app at that point is to press the sync and the reset button simultaneously for 10 seconds for a factory reset. When I did this before, the amber lights never appeared, but I didn't pursue that any further thinking I must have a more serious problem. Tonight after I attempted a reset 4 times, I decided to google if this was a problem and discovered the real instruction is to press the reset for 10 seconds. Even though I wish the instruction was correct in the app, I still wish I would have questioned that earlier. Problem solved.