Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera with original base station has no night vision

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jimssong
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought an individual Arlo Pro and sync'd it with my Arlo base station.  The rest of my cameras are not Arlo Pros.  Problem is, this Pro camera's night vision is basically non-existent.  I have a black screen and may see flashes of headlights as a car pulls into the driveway.  The original cameras have night vision; I was hoping the Pro model did a better job.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, in settings is the Night Vision on?

If it is, Something may be wrong with the PRO... I have found ( running a PRO on regular Arlo base here,  btw ) the PRO to have a wider IR illuminator fieldcompared to the Arlo.

Pull battery to reset the camera, if night vison isn't working still contact Netgear.

Here a night vison shot outside from ARLO(small stump is 25'+ away in center);

1412896279066.jpg

Here is the PRO at same location;

PROnight.jpg;

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed - my Pros have a much better night vision than the originals.  I had to reset my base yesterday for testing and it seemed like night vision wasn't on so I toggled the setting to be sure.  WOrks fine now.

jimssong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the night vision is turned on.  I turned it off and on a few times.   I will remove and replace the battery and see if that works.   Your photo comparison is great.  I'm hoping to get similar results.  Thanks.

jimssong
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the process to reset the base station?   Is it as simple as turning it off for a minute and turning it back on?  Do I have to re-sync the cameras after doing this?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

first try a normal reboot by turning off the nback on... cams should sync back auto.

if still NG, hold the reset for about ten secs till the fron leds flash amber and then bring it back as if new ( resync cameras may be required )

Morse is faster than texting!