Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bransmom425
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo Pro camera 5 used to work. Battery died. Recharged, went to sync and will not sync with base. Blue light never comes on. Yellow light blinks if you walk past it. All 4 other cameras working fine.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like the battery is either dead or not charged. When you first install the battery you should see a brief blue flash on the LED to indicate power is applied. Do you see that? Have you tried swapping batteries between cameras?

Bransmom425
Aspirant
Aspirant
Tried swapping the battery and same result. No blue light at all.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
mvwedel
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, after nearly throwing everything in the bin, this finally worked. I had connected 7 cams and the 8th. did not connect. Battery fine, all seemed ok. The cam blinked blue whist connecting and started blinking rapidly, which showed, it had connected to the base, although I could not see it in my list. I went ahead and deleted one of the Cams, which had sucsessfully connected before and added it again, which worked fine. Following the installation - steps on the app, one of the steps gives you the option to name the cam.... this is where two cams were listed... the one I had been trying to connect for some time and the one, I had just installed. I renamed both cams and the problem was solved. Good luck.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FYI, with the exception of the Ultra cameras, you don't need to use the interface to sync cameras. Just use the sync buttons normally (base first) and the sync should be accomplished with no issue.

Dunno why the name issue was there in the online procedure.