Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
prowindo
Tutor
Tutor
Re: Motion detection too sensitive I have an issue with one of three installed cameras. One camera has sent me 90 notifications in an eight hour period!! It is picking up a flag waving in the wind (I'm guessing!) every few minutes. I have the sensitivity set to ZERO! On any day that a slight breeze is blowing, I am forced to turn that camera off. Defeats the purpose of having the Arlo Camera. I am not removing my American flag, and need the camera aimed in the general direction of the flag. Any suggestions before I look to another product? Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and swap the camera with one of the others to see if problem continues... ( camera or location )

But, you may just find that the light reflecting off the Flag is the problem.... you need the "general" direction but you may be able to angle it a bit to eliminate many false trigger

Remember that the detection for people is less than 25 ft, so try not to cover more area than it can detect same.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
prowindo
Tutor
Tutor

I re-aimed the camera avoiding the area where the flag waves.  Swapping cameras is difficult as it is semi-permanently installed necessary to extend over a gutter.  This should help!!  The issue now is that I need to purchase a fourth camera to cover the area by the front door.  Any suggestion on how to minimize this expense!  

Thanks for following up, by the way!