Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JCooper
Tutor
Tutor

We JUST bought an Arlo Pro camera system with 2 cameras. While we were on vacation one of the cameras stopped working. The other one is working fine. I removed the device and tried to resynch, but it didn't work. I charged the camera until the blue light blinked, but it still won't sync to the base station. It just does nothing. There was no evidence that the battery was dead anyway (e.g. tons of video recording). The other one is still at 97%. It seems like maybe it just malfunctioned...

12 REPLIES 12
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When plugging in the charger, the blue light flashes for a few seconds and then goes out. After a number of hours, the blue light then turns  on solid to show it's fully charged.

If it still wont sync with the base,  power cycle the base and then try again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try swapping batteries around to see if the issue follows the battery.

JCooper
Tutor
Tutor

OK, so I did power cycle the base station and now the camera has an intermittently blinking amber light. Thoughts?

Streak2
Master Master
Master
Slow amber blink means low battery fast blink means failed to sync.
Did you try and resync with the base?
Try use the battery from the other camera.
JCooper
Tutor
Tutor

I power cycled the base station and then removed the battery on the camera and had to recharge it. I just fully recharged it yesterday, so not sure why it would be low. I put it back up on its location and it was working great. Now it's "offline" again. I saw on another thread that there were problems with the battery when it's cold out. Am I supposed to return this device? What's the deal??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
First you need to determine what, if anything, is bad. Swapping batteries between cameras would be useful to see if the problem follows the battery or stays with the camera. If you can determine something is bad for sure, simply swap the system at the store.
SAAmin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had same issue with one of my 4 cameras. I am certain that the contacts in the camera where battery comes in contact are defective. If you move the contacts a bit it will make contact with battery and work for a while. I am returning mine for a new unit.

klooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same exact thing very frustrating, want to throw it out the window. I've tried resetting the base station, camera, etc multiple times and still nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

klooney,

What is the behavior of the LED indicator after installing the battery? Is there any different behavior when plugging the camera in using the charging cable?

JamesC

saltyfrogs13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have four cameras - one stopped working about two weeks ago - I bought the system on Jan 6, 2017.  I have tried to reSync and charge the camera but neither solved the problem.

klooney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I ended up getting a replacement through netgear, the new camera has worked flawlessly.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

saltyfrogs13,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC