Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro battery on permanent recording

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
legend27
Follower
Follower

While looking for an industrial solution for wireless cameras I came across the Arlo Pro.

I need to switch off an areas cameras to replace but the client requests a temporary solution while that area is off, needless to say wireless is my first choice. I am looking at a maxiumum of 24 hours of permanent recording on the Arlo Pro while the camera changeout is taking place, whereafter I can replace / recharge batteries for the next area. Has anybody tested the battery life on permanent recording?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

They will not do recording for 24/7 .   They are designed as 'motion detect then record' type systems ( cause they do run on batteries and batteries have a finite life )

The Pro cams record for for set times not near what you need.

The closest camera that may work would be a Q camera with the additional CVR option. The Q cam is indoor rated, runs on AC and the CVR allows 24/7 record. Normal motion detect / record  videos will occur and those videos appear in the Library too.

(RE  CVR;  tho it will be saved for your service time limit, the 24/7 can't be downloaded without third party sw )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

They will not do recording for 24/7 .   They are designed as 'motion detect then record' type systems ( cause they do run on batteries and batteries have a finite life )

The Pro cams record for for set times not near what you need.

The closest camera that may work would be a Q camera with the additional CVR option. The Q cam is indoor rated, runs on AC and the CVR allows 24/7 record. Normal motion detect / record  videos will occur and those videos appear in the Library too.

(RE  CVR;  tho it will be saved for your service time limit, the 24/7 can't be downloaded without third party sw )

Morse is faster than texting!