Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

The last recording on one of my outdoor cameras was at 11:48 pm on July 4, capturing us coming home after fireworks. I have since changed the batteries, re-synced the camera, turned it off and on, just swapped the batteries with another camera. I also changed the rules to ask for it to record if another camera detects motion but even though Camera B records, this camera still doesn't record.

The still image for the device is stil the last capture from the July 4th evening. I also can't get live view. It just says "Please wait" and then it eventually gives up and says "The camera failed to connect. Try again."

And note, again, I did resync the camera to the base station.  I also "removed device" and added it back in. The blue light blinks appropriately while syncing. It even blinks when I swap in more recently charged batteries.

Also the light blinks when detecting motion, but it does not put any image in the cloud and you can't see anything live from this one camera.  The still image under "Devices" still shows the last image from the Fourth..

This is my main outdoor camera the others usually have rules that depend on this one. I have had to temporarily change the rules on the other cameras because they would not record if this one didn't.  I aso tried giving this main camera a rule to record if another camera detects motion, but that did not work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

MN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

This has been resolved by the tech support team.  The difference of what I had not tried before was turning off the base station, then turn off the wi-fi router and back on, then the base station back on before resyncing the camera.  Here are the steps they sent for troubleshooting.

A. Power cycle your network. 

1. Power off the Arlo base station. 
2. Power off your router and wait for 1 minute. 
3. Power on the router and wait for it to finish booting up. 
4. Power on the Base station and make sure you the first 3 light starting from the left are solid green. 

B. Remove then re-sync the camera to the base station. 

1. Grab your camera and open the battery door. 
2. Wait for 30 seconds then close it back. The LED on the camera should flash blue. 
3. Press the sync button on the base station for 1 second. The Sync (3rd) light should start to blink green. 
4. If the 3rd light is not blinking green, kindly double tap on the sync button. 
5. Press the sync button on the camera for 1 second as well while the 3rd light is blinking green. 
6. Place the camera next to the base station. The LED on the camera should start to flash blue then rapid blue. 
7. Log out from the account and log back in. The camera should now be back online. 

Worked great.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

MN

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

MNScene wrote:

Also the light blinks when detecting motion, but it does not put any image in the cloud and you can't see anything live from this one camera.  The still image under "Devices" still shows the last image from the Fourth..

If the LED is BLINKING as you say... are you sure the camera is stil is in ARMED mode and not TEST mode... ?

TMK, the led only blinks during motion if set for test.

Also ... ARM the cameras and then go to LIVE View mode...make sure all the cameras have the 'running man' in BLACK ( means aremed ) and not gray

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

Yes TomMac, the camera is in armed mode. I did also run a test -- still could not see an image. I've gone through every scenario to try to see a live image or to trigger a recording.

All five of my cameras are armed. This is the only one that isn't working. This is not a new camera. I've had all the cameras for months and have not had a problem before now (except after one Arlo system upgrade that took images awhile to re-appear in the cloud although I was receiving alerts.) 

And given I have 5 cameras, I honestly do not remember if this is my 5th one bought separately as an add-on or if this is one from the original set of four. If I had to guess, I think it is one of the originals from the 4-pack kit. Still, they were all bought the same week from the same store.

MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

I will add, that from the phone app, under "position mode" and "Motion Detection Test" it says "Busy"

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have a computer...test the system there at   https://arlo.netgear.com/

If not and you can't , try and delete the app and re-install it

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A slow amber blinking LED on the camera indicates weak batteries.  However, it could be a hardware problem. Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks.  I do not have a blinking amber light on the camera.  The battery is at 97%.  The only blinking lights were the blue light when I re-synced it and a red light when I tried testing for positioning (light blinked about nothing showed on screen for positioning.)

Ok. I'll try a support ticket.  Thanks.

MNScene
Tutor
Tutor

This has been resolved by the tech support team.  The difference of what I had not tried before was turning off the base station, then turn off the wi-fi router and back on, then the base station back on before resyncing the camera.  Here are the steps they sent for troubleshooting.

A. Power cycle your network. 

1. Power off the Arlo base station. 
2. Power off your router and wait for 1 minute. 
3. Power on the router and wait for it to finish booting up. 
4. Power on the Base station and make sure you the first 3 light starting from the left are solid green. 

B. Remove then re-sync the camera to the base station. 

1. Grab your camera and open the battery door. 
2. Wait for 30 seconds then close it back. The LED on the camera should flash blue. 
3. Press the sync button on the base station for 1 second. The Sync (3rd) light should start to blink green. 
4. If the 3rd light is not blinking green, kindly double tap on the sync button. 
5. Press the sync button on the camera for 1 second as well while the 3rd light is blinking green. 
6. Place the camera next to the base station. The LED on the camera should start to flash blue then rapid blue. 
7. Log out from the account and log back in. The camera should now be back online. 

Worked great.

Thanks to all who chimed in.

MN