Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro camera in window will not detect motion. Is the reflection from glass causing this issue?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
royalt454
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro camera in my window, inside the apartment.  I cannot get the camera to detect motion.  I can assume that the reflection from the glass is causing the issue.  Is this correct?  The camera works, it will record if I manually start recording. I don't care if it records every 15 seconds when someone walks by or a car drives by, I just want it to auto record. Is there a suggestion to correct this.  Unable to mount it outside.  

My sister has a Ring camera and it is extremely sensitive. It's mounted inside just like mine. I watched it send alerts as a trash can was blowing around.

Ok, I read the explanation of IR.  and I get it.   Is there a model that will detect motion thru glass.  as I stated, I'm unable to mount on the outside.  Maybe I can hide it in my window plants but that can't happen until spring.

Also, as I watch, It randomly will lose the connection and try to reconnect and take several minutes to do so if at all.  It happens with both devices I use to watch on.  In the same room, different rooms, on and off all of the time.

Thanks for your input.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q camera is the only one that can see through glass since it uses pixel changes to determine motion, not a PIR sensor.