Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jkrentler
Aspirant
Aspirant
My outdoor cameras are showing a red battery with an exclamation mark in the app. They are also saying ‘Charging paused - Cameras battery temperature is too low’. But there are outdoors (wireless) on the mounts, not plugged in. Is there a setting or something simple I’m missing??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jkrentler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like this resolved itself with a firmware update. I was prompted today to update each camera, and the error message has gone away.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
brh
Master
Master

@Jkrentler

Just for curiosity's sake what is the temperature outside?

Have you tried bringing them indoors for awhile and see if the message goes away?

Brian

Jkrentler
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s like 30-35 out today, without factoring for windchill. The message would appear to indicate the cameras are trying to charge, but they are utilized on a 100% wireless basis only. The app says battery for each camera is 80% or more, and they still work after I tap ‘OK, got it’ in the app. I’m just wondering if I have something set wrong that I’m getting this message (it shows for all 3 exterior cameras). Also, all are mounted on the screw-in exterior mounts that are screwed into the brick.

I have not tested bringing them inside to see if it goes away - I would be super disappointed if this was temp-related, as it will get much colder in Jan/Feb (I just installed today).
brh
Master
Master

@Jkrentler

I am assuming since you said that they are not plugged in that you have them connected to a Solar panel since you said they are trying to charge. Am I wrong?

If so, the solar panels stop charging at 32 degrees F. The cameras will work at much colder temps but that would, I believe, require them to be plugged in and no battery. Losing 15% in a day's time is a little out of line unless you keep them Active all the time, which in that case that would sound about right.

Brian

Jkrentler
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s the thing - there are no solar panels involved. They are just out there on the mounts. I plan to bring them inside and charge them when batteries run out.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras I have solar panels plugged into will display that icon when too cold but not any others. You can try power cycling the base and reset the cameras by reinserting the batteries. If that doesn't work, you may need to remove them from Settings, My Devices and resync them.

Jkrentler
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like this resolved itself with a firmware update. I was prompted today to update each camera, and the error message has gone away.