Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base station suddenly sounds alarm

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lnkaye
Star
Star

Our Arlo Pro base station is sounding the siren when one of the camera's detects motion. However, the mode it's in is not set to trigger the siren, only to record video and send a notification. Our other camera is not setting off the siren. Each time, we must hit the button on our remote app to turn off the siren manually. I shut off the camera (via the app) and the siren still blasts when someone would be in the camera's field of view. What is causing this bizarre behavior? The only way to stop the siren noise is to turn off the base station, thus disabling the entire system. Oh! I did restart the base station but that didn't fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera and resync. Rebuild custom modes to include the camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera and resync. Rebuild custom modes to include the camera.

lnkaye
Star
Star

Thanks for your advice. It fixed the problem. The only issue with this type of problem is that one must be on the premises in order to do this fix. We were gone for weeks and had to shut the system down during the time we really needed monitoring. With pairing a doorbell, a simple doorbell press would set off the siren due to the problem camera was involved in the process. Anyway, just a heads up for the solution.

lnkaye
Star
Star

Hi @jguerdat

Well, I posted too soon. The camera is offline and not located in its normal spot. It's waiting to be mounted in daylight tomorrow. The siren just went off when I went out my front door. This is the location which triggered the siren. The siren went off because of the Arlo doorbell! That motion sensor triggered the siren. How is this possible? It's paired to the camera that is no longer in that location. How does this get fixed? Resync the doorbell?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lnkaye

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support