Arlo Pro base station power loss

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
javaman888
Follower
Follower

What will happen if there is a power loss to the base station? I assume recording will stop? I am wondering if the base station has power backup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it will not function when it has no power. Buy a UPS system and plug it into that and as long as you also plug your Internet modem into it, you should be able to record still. That is assuming your ISP has backup on their end for your Internet. I'm not sure off hand if it will record to local storage without Internet.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

Yes, it will not function when it has no power. Buy a UPS system and plug it into that and as long as you also plug your Internet modem into it, you should be able to record still. That is assuming your ISP has backup on their end for your Internet. I'm not sure off hand if it will record to local storage without Internet.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using a UPS, make sure that you modem, router and base are all plugged into it. If using a USB hard drive, it should also be plugged into the UPS.

I haven't tested it but loss of Internet should still save recordings on the USB device. Be aware that any such videos will not be uploaded to the cloud on resumption of Internet service.