Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with iOS app

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

The app on my iOS devices seems to be acting strange.   I had several events not record today, so tonight I was navigating through the settings via the app.  I noticed that several of the cameras lost the record setting in the rules.  It also seems that one of the cameras has lost the push notifications.  Now I cannot find the setting to add the push back to the missing camera.  I also cannot find the setting for record lenght.

The issue seems to be with both iPad and iPhone.  Both have iOS 10.1.1

The app version is 2.2.0

I did update both iOS devices earlier this week.   The issue with the cameras not recording started today.

Anyone else using iOS have this issue?  Tomorrow I will test the cameras and log into the Arlo site using a desktop computer.  Will see what happens.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
I used the PC with Chrome browser to edit my rules and adjust record length for each camera. Before doing that, I removed the app from both iOS devices. After saving all settings, I restarted the base unit. Then reinstalled the iOS app to both devices. Did some checking of settings and testing. Seems to be functioning properly again. Will continue to monitor to see if it keeps recording.

I have to say this, the web version of editing settings works much better than the app.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

migman_2001 wrote:

The app on my iOS devices seems to be acting strange.   I had several events not record today, so tonight I was navigating through the settings via the app.  I noticed that several of the cameras lost the record setting in the rules.  It also seems that one of the cameras has lost the push notifications.  Now I cannot find the setting to add the push back to the missing camera.  I also cannot find the setting for record lenght.

The issue seems to be with both iPad and iPhone.  Both have iOS 10.1.1

The app version is 2.2.0

I did update both iOS devices earlier this week.   The issue with the cameras not recording started today.

Anyone else using iOS have this issue?  Tomorrow I will test the cameras and log into the Arlo site using a desktop computer.  Will see what happens.  

If the PC works ok...then obv you should delete the app and re-install.

If the PC is messed also, then you may have to do a full reset of the base to restore defaults and re sync the cameras as if new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
I used the PC with Chrome browser to edit my rules and adjust record length for each camera. Before doing that, I removed the app from both iOS devices. After saving all settings, I restarted the base unit. Then reinstalled the iOS app to both devices. Did some checking of settings and testing. Seems to be functioning properly again. Will continue to monitor to see if it keeps recording.

I have to say this, the web version of editing settings works much better than the app.