Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base station disarming itself

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

Problems with base station. We have had several base stations - all of them will at some point set themselves to disarm. A few days ago we got an arlo warranty replacement base stations for issues the previous one had with USB ports not working at all. The refurbished replacement came and it was in a schedule with 2 modes. However it changed itself to disarmed at midnight. Any ideas on what causes this? We have 3 profiles. This issue seems to happen at some point with every Arlo Pro base station we have had.

10 REPLIES 10
ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary

Not sure/ forgot is this just a Problem in the custom schedule ? We are now trying to just use the armed mode only / no schedule.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you setting the schedule from an app ?    Have you tried it via the web ( which I find more stable )?

https://arlo.netgear.com

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
HermanLily
Guide
Guide
Same here, been happening for a few days now. Not good.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @HermanLily

Have you tried to reboot your base station? Are you using any custom modes/schedule?

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Yes we have tried to reboot the system. We are just using the armed mode because fhe schedule was not working. But I have posted that now the base station goes offline continually and will not reconnect to the internet. We have tried replacing the base station, router and all the cables. But even the new base keeps going offline several times every day. Other devices and security cameras of another brand are working on the internet only the Arlo Pro base is offline. We physically power cycle the base and it comes back online but then gets disconnected hours later all over again. We have assigned the base a fixed ip and put it in the dmz. This has all bean going on for over a week already.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue with the refurbished device? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

COKEY
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem and I'm not using any schedules. I have it linked to my SmartThings hub.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@COKEY

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

tplan2112
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine is doing the same thing. Disarming itself. It idisarmed itself at two critical moments costing me tens of thousands of dollars which I probably would not have lost. Andunreliable camera is useless. I have asked them if there are any conditions that would cause this and they are just in denial that it happened.
tplan2112
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo base is disarming itself. It has happened at some very an opportune times and has cost me over $10,000 in damages that would have not happened. A surveillance camera that is not reliable is useless.