Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro audio not working where I use the mic to speak but they hear nothing

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
splinta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi all,

I have two arlo pro cameras set up. One is permanently fitted outside. Today, someone approached my front door and I received an alert on my iphone. I used the mic  to speak to the person but they heard nothing. I have spent my evening on arlo chat trying to resolve this to no avail. Are the speakers on the cameras any good? Has anyone had a similar problem? The volume is on 100% on the cameras and my iphone. I can hear them, but they can't hear me.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phones can be a problem since you can't adjust mic gain. Try a computer browser for testing. If needed, increase the mic gain on the computer in the sound settings.

splinta
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far, still not working. I saw someone outside my house, trying to deliver a parcel, I wanted to tell him where to leave it but, because the audio is so feeble, he didnt hear and consequently i now have to find time to collect the parcel from the depot. This is exactly the situation I wanted to be able to manage from my outdoor camera. When I contact 'chat', I have to go through the same list of pointless questions every time, it takes ages, this is even when I have given them their reference number! The sound on my phone. ipad and pc are all at the loudest setting, the problem is with the camera. I received an email from Arlo asking me if the problem is now resolved! they asked for a contact phone nu,ber to speak to me. Great, I thought, atlast I can have a proper conversation about this - but the email address they supplied does not accept incoming mail and my email bounced back - twice! If anyone has a solution to this problem, please let me know.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @splinta,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you regarding your emails bouncing back when responding to our support team.

splinta
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still waiting for an answer from Arlo about lack of volume on cameras. The two way audio does not work sufficiently for someone standing outside my home to hear me when I speak to them. Arlo said they would send a replacement camera, it hasn’t arrived. Arlo have sent me private messages and asked for contact numbers. I have waited for their calls but they have failed to contact at agreed time. The email address they supplied for me to contact them does not receive emails, they all bounce back as undeliverable. Does anyone have an answer to this problem?