Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Jabbiati
Tutor
Tutor
Lately, my Arlo system has been arming itself. I will disarm the cams when I get home and a few minutes later, I will start getting alerts. When I check, I see that the system is armed. I don’t have anything special set up and the cameras’ batteries have plenty of charge. I love the system and have been using it for over a year with no problems. I want to keep using it, but need it to stop self-arming.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using a browser instead of the app - I find it works better. You can use a mobile browser if needed by setting the browser to use the desktop version of the site.

Jabbiati
Tutor
Tutor

I can try this.  Are you thinking that the way that I disarm the system (app vs. browser) is the reason that it will re-arm on it's own some time later?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be possible esp if your running new iOS 11 ( seen strange things lately )...

either way testing on a computer will eliminate the possibly and allow a better answer.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been happening lately to me too! Feels like it started around when the most recent firmware update for the base station was released. Highly annoying...
Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear, you have got to fix this. This is so annoying. My kids play in the backyard all the time. I have to disable the cameras constantly as is -- but now I have to do it every 15 minutes because the stupid thing is arming itself. This is a major issue and unacceptable. I am about to permenantly put my cameras in a drawer. 

Jabbiati
Tutor
Tutor
I did a reboot of the base station and it works fine now.
El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Issue still present here.  Rebooted base station several times, even disconnected from IFTTT, still re-arms itself after being disarmed for several minutes.

To be fair, I haven't had the time to contact support about this, so I've just kind of accepted it for now.  Anyone actually talked to support about this issue, or are we all just here venting in hopes someone will see this? 🙂

Jabbiati
Tutor
Tutor
I did contact support. It was a chat session and that’s when they told me to reboot. That worked, so I didn’t go any further.